TxDOT Maintenance continues overlay operations on FM 753 between SH 31W and FM 2494 with flaggers providing traffic control. Meanwhile on FM 2215, fog seal operations resume from SH 155 to the end of state maintenance. Expect lane closures with flaggers and a pilot car moving traffic through the work zone.
The project to repair and reopen FM 317 in Athens is expected to start in April. The roadway remains closed with traffic detoured due to damage sustained during stormy weather conditions last spring. A washout occurred three miles east of SH 31. Repairs should take about two months to complete, weather permitting. This job is being coordinated with the Corp of Engineers and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
Ongoing projects include:
- SH 31 repair project, .09 miles west of FM 317 eastward to .34 miles west of FM 773, which is nearing completion
- US 175 Widening Project (Phase I), 0.1 miles southeast of FM 804 near Baxter southeast to 1.1 miles east of Loop 60E at Larue
- US 175 Widening Project (Phase II), 1.1 miles east of Loop 60B to 0.85 mile east of FM 315
- FM 315/FM 1616 Widening Project, from FM 314S to CS End at County Road 4325, 4224, etc.
- FM 316 Widening Project, from FM 1256 south to FM 3080
- Cardinal Drive at Little Duncan Creek in Murchison