* The Brownsboro Bears celebrated homecoming with a big win over Westwood, 34-6. The Bears are now 1-2 on the season, and will be home against Wills Point next week.
* The Athens Hornets stayed perfect with a decisive 41-7 victory over Gladewater. Athens is now 3-0. Next week, Athens will be on the road to visit Rusk.
* Speaking of Rusk, the Eagles gave Eustace its first loss of the season, 21-0. The Bulldogs are now 2-1 and will begin to get ready to play host to Fort Worth Castleberry.
* The Mabank Panthers were unable to pick up their first win of the season tonight against Quinlan Ford, falling 34-20. The Panthers will be home next week with the Kemp Yellowjackets coming to visit.
* The Malakoff Tigers made quick work of the Kerens Bobcats tonight, 40-8. Head coach Jamie Driskell has had the Bobcats’ number since taking over at Malakoff and is 5-0 against Kerens. This year, the Tigers have a 3-0 record. Next week, Malakoff will travel to Westwood.
* Cross Roads fell to 1-2 on the season with a 48-12 loss to Rice. The Bobcats will host Wortham next week for homecoming. That will be the HCN Game of the Week, so look for the Weinstein Law/Henderson County Now bus in Cross Roads next Friday night.
* Trinidad lost for the first time this year tonight, 59-12, against Coolidge. The game ended late in the third quarter because of the 6-man, 45-point mercy rule. The Trojans look to rebound on the road next week against Oakwood.