To add an event to this list, just fill out the form.
* Parkinsons, Tramatic Brain Injury class at Family Fitness every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12:30 p.m. in Gun Barrel City. For more information call 903-275-9460. Caren Anthony, Cedar Lake Home Health.
* Malakoff Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group Meetings–2nd Thursday of every month 12:30-1:30 and 6:30-8:30, Cedar Lake Nursing Home, 1611 West Royal Blvd. Athens Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group Meetings–3rd Tuesday of every month 6:30-8:30 and every 4th Tuesday of the month 12:00-1:30, Arabella of Athens Clubhouse, 413 Gibson Road. Chandler Alzheimer’s Caregivers Support Group Meetings–last Monday of every month 11:30-1:30, Chandler Community Center, 811TX HWY 31 East.
* H.E.A.R.T. Class — The East Texas Crisis Center hosts H.E.A.R.T classes each week. It is a 12 step program that-“Helps End Abusive Relationship Tendencies.” Classes in Spanish are on Mondays from 4-5 p.m. with English “H.E.A.R.T.” on Tuesdays from 4-5 p.m.
* GriefShare recovery seminar and support group meets at First Baptist Church of Tool each Thursday from 1-3 p.m. and 6-8 p.m., January 19 thru April 20. GriefShare features nationally recognized experts on grief recovery topics. Seminar sessions include “Is This Normal,” “The Challenges of Grief,” “Grief and Your Relationships,” “Why?” and “Guilt and Anger.” For more information call Beckie Pinckard at 832-594-1392 or 903-432-0155. There is a $15 cost that covers the workbook.
* Breakout: Do you ever feel like life is too hard? That you aren’t good enough or that nobody cares There is help and there is hope. Breakout is a group of young people trying to help each other live life and deal with real life issues without drugs or cutting themselves. Please come hang out with us and let us show you that you are good enough and someone does care. You don’t have to be addicted to drugs or even using drugs to come. We want to help everyone learn how to live a happy life. We have all been through what you are going through and know how to show you a better way to live. For more information call or text: Andy Arnold 903-477-1266 or Dan Hosch 903-360-2613. When and where: Monday nights at 6:30 at 1st Baptist Church, 15565 Lee St, Poynor, TX 75782; Tuesday nights at 6:30 at Dogwood Church, 6467 FM2494, Athens, TX 75751; Thursday nights at 6:30 at Rockhill Baptist Church (West campus), 10768 CR 3405, Brownsboro, TX 75756.
* Henderson County Produce Drop on the first Tuesday of each month at FBC Malakoff starting at 9:30 a.m. until all produce is distributed. For the needy in Henderson County.
* Faith In Action Outreach Trinidad Food Pantry on the third Friday of each month at Trinidad Housing Authority from 10 a.m. until noon. For residents of Trinidad only.
* Faith In Action Outreach Food Pantry every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.