5 Things you Need to KNOW about the Henderson County Remain & Shelter in Place Declaration.
1. It’s 22 pages long. Very few people will read it including the people that are going to attempt to enforce it. 18 of the 22 pages outline 21 categories of business types that would define “Essential Businesses” if the document were not unenforceable as written (Personal Opinion, Not Legal Opinion).
Most people have this question on their minds because of the current COVID-19 pandemic. Do antiviral face masks keep your healthy? In this article, we are going to answer this question from different perspectives. Read on to know more. According to the best evidence available, if you are sick, you can protect others from getting sick by wearing a mask. Similarly, if you are around sick people, you can protect yourself from the virus. However, keep in mind that these masks can’t offer 100% protection against viral infections. By the end of 1800s, surgical masks, aka courtesy masks, became quite common for doctors to use in the operating rooms. Their popularly was sky high in the beginning of 1918 during the influenza pandemic that took the life of over 50 million people over a course of three years. Click on link to buy it at Global Genesis.
Around a hundred years later, molecular techniques proved that the surgical type could offer strong protection against the flu. Aside from this, another study helped researched counter the virus particles found floating around the patients infected with the flu virus.
The researchers found that the surgical type reduced the emission of big viral droplets by 25 folds. However, these products are less effective when it comes to keeping away tiny viral droplets that stay in the air for hours.
The surgical type offers strong protection just like respirators. Unlike the regular masks, respirators are specially designed devices that can protect you from flu. However, you can’t use them as they are designed for use in hospitals only.
According to Australian investigators, if you put on a surgical mask, your likelihood of catching a virus infection goes down by at least 60%. However, this statement is valid only if you are in a home environment. When you are outside, the protection level drops significantly.
However, the problem is that the majority of people doesn’t wear a mask properly in order to protect themselves. Moreover, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is skeptical about wearing these products outside hospitals and other health care facilities.
2. The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America is two pages. You can see more here for WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM COVID-19 AS CHRISTIANS.
We could have amended that document to say stay 6 feet away from one another, stay home unless you have to leave your house and wash your hands frequently to have an enforceable Declaration. Grandparents in Pennsylvania have limited rights when it comes to their grandchildren, but as a grandparent it is important to know what those rights are. The legislation on grandparents’ rights is largely dependent on the state of the parental situation. A number of Courts have recently determined that state statutes providing visitation to grandparents are unconstitutional. The U.S. Supreme Court addressed the issue of grandparent visitation when it agreed to hear Troxel v. Granville, No. 99-138 (June 5., 2000). In 1998, Washington’s Supreme Court ruled that requiring grandparent visitation violates parents’ fundamental rights to raise their families without government interference. The U.S. Supreme Court decided that while this statute wasn’t exactly unconstitutional, parents do have a “fundamental right” to control their child’s upbringing which would include when and how much a grandparent can visit their grandchild. You can check the Bonuses of Grandparents Rights.
3. If you have a business that is not included within the Governor’s State of Texas, Executive Order GA-14, you may still work, you just have to implement a locked door policy of these three things: (1) No more than 10 people in your physical place of business at any one time, (2) restrict public access at the main entrance (lock the door); and (3) enforce social distancing. Many businesses in Henderson County are mom and pop shops that hopefully can comply with these restrictions.
4. Lawyers very rarely draft documents from scratch. Why reinvent the wheel? This declaration must be a cut and paste from other similar Declarations, that’s why there is a reference to a Section B that doesn’t exist in the document. According to the Declaration – SECTION B is the most important section in the freaking document. You might say this is the reason why you never play board games with lawyers because as Jerry Steinfeld says “Lawyers are the only ones that read the rules on the inside of the top of the inside of the box.”
5. Who cares? Well, the Declaration states that failing to comply with the Declaration is an offense punishable by a fine not to exceed $1,000, confinement for a term not to exceed 180 days, or both find and confinement. Words matter, punctuation matters. Let’s eat Grandma vs. Let’s eat, Grandma. Incorrectly citing or not including the most significant Section of the Declaration that contains all the necessary definitions leaves the document vague, not specific, unclear and ambiguous thus I believe the Declaration is legally insufficient and unenforceable.
Does that mean we should not Stay Home, Stay Safe. Absolutely WE SHOULD Stay Home, Stay Safe. How about this for a Declaration:
Until further notice of this Court:
IF YOU FEEL SICK, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE SICK, keep them at home. Do not send them to daycare. Contact your medical provider.
IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS TESTED POSITIVE for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go out in public. Contact your medical provider.
IF YOU ARE AN OLDER PERSON, stay home and away from other people.
IF YOU ARE A PERSON WITH A SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITION that can put you at increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system),
stay home and away from other people.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME UNLESS YOU MUST WORK OR REQUIRE NECESSARY ITEMS SUCH AS GROCERIES OR MEDICINE.
IF YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR HOME, PLEASE maintain 6 feet of social distancing from one another.
PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS FREQUENTLY. IF you don’t have antibacterial soap, please use soap and water.
DO NOT GATHER IN GROUPS OF MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE, TRY NOT TO GATHER AT ALL.
That’s my one(ish) page Order that more people might have read and therefore been more willing to attempt to comply with instead of saying Who the hell reads something that’s 22 pages and sounds like lawyer mumbo jumbo.
These are my thoughts and comments. Some have said that I only do this to try to stir the pot. You’re right. I’m trying to keep our community safe and doing so requires getting people to pay attention, especially those that are uninformed and have no ability to get the information. If the water ain’t a boiling, there’s no reason to stir. Our water’s boiling, we need all the cooks to help spread the word that our only cure is Social Distancing…..
This isn’t legal advice but standard dollar bet that no one gets a citation or put in jail for this current Declaration! It would be a defense lawyer’s dream to defend these cases and a prosecutors worst nightmare to have to prosecute them. Stay Home, Stay Safe, Jeff